Who Moved My Library?

Commentary on the changing world of libraries, from the viewpoint of a corporate library.

Monday, February 27, 2006

Make Your Own Secret Hollow Book

Instead of studying for my Social Responsibility of Business midterm I've decided to catch up on some old bloglines feeds. I came across one that details how to make your own secret hollow book from the How2DoStuff blog. The librarian in me says "NO, don't destroy that book." However, the crafty part of me wants to try this, even though I don't have any contraband to put in a hollow book.

I realize that some libraries just don't have the room to keep ALL the books it ever owned. In fact the special library I currently work in is going through the downsizing process right now. What a great use for those old unwanted books! Also, a great homemade gift idea. The fun part could be finding the right title for the intended recipient. Of course, if your replete with old unwanted books you could construct a Book Bar. But that's far too much work for me!

1 Comments:

  • At 9:59 AM, Blogger ottoblotto said…

    another idea in discarded library book art

    http://ottoslibrarypeople.blogspot.com/

     

Post a Comment

<< Home